Mold Damage in Winchester
Mold is a real problem for many families in Winchester, Virginia. It can cause irritation and allergic reactions to people in the household, which can be very serious. Mold thrives in humid environment, and as we all know, the summer months are very humid in Winchester, and the rest of Northern Virginia.
What is mold?
Mold is a microscopic particle that exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to completely remove all mold from a home or business. However, it doesn’t necessarily need to be removed, nor does it become a problem until the humidity – or moisture level – increases. That’s when the mold begins to thrive in number, and starts to form colonies.
That's also when these colonies begin to cause problems for people, especially in children and people with compromised immune systems. Even if you don't feel the effects of mole, there's the strong odor it produces. If you’ve ever smelled it before you don't want that experience again. If that smell is in your home, where you and your family expect to be comfortable, and to be able to relax you'l want to take care of it right away.
What can be done about it?
For this reason it is important to monitor the humidity level in your home, especially in Northern Virginia, where the humidity is present year-round, and the summer months can produce conditions in the environment that are favorable for mold growth.
Generally, you want to keep the humidity level below 49%. When it is above this level that’s when these mold particles start to thrive and form colonies, producing the odor and causing allergic reactions in many people.
Mold Inspection and Remediation
SERVPRO of Winchester properly inspects your home for mold, identifies the cause of the odor, and completely removes it without a trace. Give us a call for more information on our mold removal process today!